* The C64 and Plus/4 versions now have some Pi1541 support. If you have both a SD2IEC and a Pi1541 connected, then start DirPlus from the SD2IEC and everything will work inside disk images on the Pi1541. In browse mode however, not everything will work. Remember to NOT use any spaces in file names in browse mode. You can browse around, rename files, delete files, create disk swap lists, enter disk images, start programs, create new d64s but that’s about it.
If you only have a Pi1541 connected, then the program to start is “64” for the C64. (You will find it in the dirplus folder). For the Plus/4 it’s the file “DP”. Put these two wherever you like on your Pi1541 SD card, for example in FB.D64.
Please note that many features of DirPlus are dependent upon external files or the sd2iec file structure. None of these functions will work with Pi1541 only, for example the text reader, image viewer, copying files between folders, global tools and links.
I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get around the incompatibility of the Pi1541 but unfortunately it still locks occasionally. You will probably not experience this though, but if you do, then just press runstop+restore and then run.
* C64/Plus4: You can now press Commodore + N to format the drive. (Don’t worry, there will be security questions for you). On Pi1541 this will create an empty d64 image. That’s why I added it.
* C64/Plus4: The free number of blocks will now be shown, but only if it’s less than 300.
* C64/Plus4: Device not present error check.
* Includes a C64 Bonus Tune called “Drive 8”. Two versions for different SID chip versions are included. The 8580 version is mainly for late C64s while the 6581 version is for early C64s and most C128s. If your C64 has the graphical symbols on the top of the keys, then it’s the 8580.
To upgrade Dirplus to V4.1, just copy everything from the downloaded DIRPLUS folder to your SD card's DIRPLUS folder. Also replace the D starter in the root directory.